Tuesday, January 16, 2007

sigh

Bush's interview on 60 Minutes:
PELLEY: Do you think you owe the Iraqi people an apology for not doing a better job?

BUSH: That we didn't do a better job or they didn't do a better job?
OK, pause. He just willfully misheard that question. Apparently he actually thinks that there's a question whether the Iraqis should apologize to America for not doing a better job of... what? Not having their homes invaded and getting shot execution style in the street by armed militias? Not being kidnapped on the way to school? Not getting stopped at fake checkpoints, killed, and then dumped some place where their families never find them? Yeah, they really should stop having that happen to them. It's a big annoyance for Americans.
PELLEY: Well, that the United States did not do a better job in providing security after the invasion.

BUSH: Not at all. I am proud of the efforts we did. We liberated that country from a tyrant. I think the Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude, and I believe most Iraqis express that. I mean, the people understand that we've endured great sacrifice to help them. That's the problem here in America. They wonder whether or not there is a gratitude level that's significant enough in Iraq.
I... I... I don't think I know enough swear words to respond to that.

1 comment:

kthulu's brownie said...

Seriously, I know the Americans now suffer under the oppression of a level of stupidity unimaginable. . . but . . . .was that exchange. . . . real? Did it honestly happen in real time, on real media? If so . . . Oh Lordie . . . I join you in your search for profanity . . . can we switch to Slovak though please - its so much more lyrical than English.