Saturday, June 21, 2008

One year down

So, it's been a year of marriage. This is a big deal!

On our wedding anniversary, Dawn's mom arrived in town. We went downtown to pick her up at the train station. Then we all bussed back, and had lunch at a neighbourhood Thai restaurant. Once we got home, I took a nap, while they went to the Oriental Institute. Quite a bit later (I take long naps), we all played a game of Scrabble.

A couple days later, Dawn bugged me about not giving her an anniversary present. The first anniversary is the paper anniversary, so I wrote her a nice message on a Post-It. I also folded her a paper crane using a piece of scrap paper. She'd actually doubted that I knew how to do that. I was so offended! What kind of ignorant American doesn't realize that all asians know how to make paper cranes?

1 comment:

christian said...

you should have kicked her ass with the kung fu knowledge you were born with.